If you’re looking for a home workout routine that will take your fitness to the next level, then interval training may be precisely what you’ve been seeking. Not only are interval workout videos fun, but they’re also effective and can be adapted to just about any level of fitness. So whether you’re a beginner or you’re quite the athlete, there are options out there for you.
Interval training is an awesome strategy for making sure you maximize the impact of the time you spend exercising. As a result, you don’t need to keep it up for as long. It’s not hard to see why interval training is skyrocketing in popularity among people who live very busy lives.
Some of the benefits many people experience when they follow the right interval training video over time include:
· Better overall fitness
· Enhanced calorie and fat burning even after the workout is complete
· Better brain function health
· A boost in insulin function
While it is possible to do interval training at the gym or with a personal trainer, if you want the flexibility of at-home workouts, a video may be perfect for you.
The following are some of the points to look for in a truly exceptional interval training video. These can help you to narrow down your options and choose the right one for your workout expectations:
· The workout itself shouldn’t be much longer than 20 minutes. Due to the nature of interval workouts, they shouldn’t typically be any longer than 20 minutes. For most people, 20 minutes should be the goal.
· The exercises should be varied. Make sure to choose a video that focuses on a spectrum of different exercises. This helps you to know you’re giving all your various muscle groups a great workout. That said, it also helps you to know that you won’t get bored of your workout very quickly. When you’re always switching to great new moves it will stay fresh for much longer.
· Look for a video with intervals no longer than 2 minutes. Any video that forces you to keep going for longer than that doesn’t understand the true nature of interval training. The reason is that it will be forcing you to keep up your intensity for longer than you likely can. This means that your performance will be reduced as you become tired and your time will be wasted with less effective movements. A workout that truly suits you will have you completely running out of steam after about 60 seconds and longing to start your recovery time.
· Look for a video with maximum effort times no longer than 10 seconds. This is for the same reason that the intervals should stay under 2 minutes. That said, if your maximum effort times are shorter than 10 seconds, make sure the video gives you the chance to do more sets to make up for it.
· Choose a video that encourages you to recover. If the video doesn’t give you appropriate recovery time, you won’t be gaining the benefit available through an interval workout. The recovery times may seem long, but they’re very important to your body.
With the right interval workout video, you’ll be turning 20 minutes a few times per week into a powerful opportunity to get fit and dial up the effectiveness of your limited exercise time.